Originally Posted on by Michelle
Questions To Ask Your Roofer
When you need a new roof you might not know the right questions to ask before you decide which roofer to go with. Here are some good questions to ask so that you have an understanding of what is going to be put on your roof:
- What brand of shingles do they use, and where are they made? Like with all things, there is a difference between brands, there are brands that are made better than others. Fike’s Roofing and Construction uses Pabco brand shingles, they are made here in America and you can see the quality when you bend one, it bends then snaps back into place like it should and doesn’t snap in half.
- How do they apply the roofing? There is hand nailing the shingles on and using a nail gun, at Fike’s Roofing we hand nail each shingle for more precision and attention to detail.
- What kind of warranty do they offer? If your roof starts breaking down sooner than it’s supposed to, you want to know you’re covered. At Fike’s Roofing and Construction we offer a 10 year workmanship warranty.
- What kind of warranty is on the shingle? The shingles themselves will have their own warranty and the roofer needs to apply the shingle according to the warranty or it will make it null and void.
- Do they use metal or plastic vents? Plastic vents can warp and break easily, at Fike’s we use metal vents to ensure quality and longevity.